A garage door is a primary entry point for homes and commercial businesses. These devices open and close hundreds of times throughout the year, allowing you to exit your residence or keep company operations right on schedule. A garage door helps to guard your family, home, personal belongings and more, but installations will only serve you well if they cater to your unique setup.
When it comes to garage doors, there is no such thing as a “one-size-fits-all” solution. Residential and commercial buildings require a custom-fit door for safety and efficiency. The state of California is known for properties with uneven slopes, and Door Pros serves home and business owners in San Francisco with new garage doors on uneven properties.
When purchasing a piece of property, you might find that the garage flooring is on a slight angle. While this seems out of the ordinary, sloped garages are fairly common in the San Francisco area. Your home or business could have sloped flooring for a number of reasons including:
- Drainage for water/spills
- Architecture of building
- Cracks/separation of pavement
- Plumbing system placement
Sloped garages can help your residential or commercial space in the event of a flood. However, it is important to inspect your garage door regularly to ensure components complement the angle of your uneven slope. Paying close attention to the condition of your garage door is pivotal in determining the best route for maintenance, repairs and replacements.
Door Pros aims to inform our customers about the importance of garage door fitment. Even if the mechanical parts of your garage door system seem to function correctly, gaps between flooring and panels are areas of concern. No matter if you use a garage space for work, leisure or storage, the following warning signs indicate you need the help of Door Pros for garage door replacement and installation:
- Noticeable gaps: If you can see or stick fingers through the space between garage door panels and flooring, an uneven slope may be to blame. Door Pros technicians are happy to visit your site to inspect the angle of your flooring for a timely solution securing your home or business.
- Weather damage: Uneven garage flooring puts your home or business at risk of inclement weather. Gaps the size of a quarter or half dollar are large enough for wind, rain and runoff to flow through your garage.
- Appearance of rodents: Rodents are always in search of a safe place to hide. If you notice rodent droppings or bite marks, you require Door Pros services to seal gaps between flooring and panels.
- Attempted burglaries: Garage doors with gaps are easy targets for breaking and entering. Door Pros helps to improve the security of your home or business with custom installations for sloped floors.
- Doors off track: Uneven flooring puts pressure on garage door components if not configured to the proper angle, and it can cause them to get off track.
Door Pros takes the time to inspect your residential or commercial garage doors to ensure components are functional and properly aligned. If your garage door does not shut all the way, our technicians search for the most cost-effective solutions to satisfy your lifestyle and applications. Whether we are installing a brand new garage door for your facility or are returning for maintenance services, no one sets garage doors on a slope as neatly as Door Pros.
If you live in the San Francisco area, we understand that garage door gaps are unacceptable for functionality and curb appeal. Technicians at Door Pros will engage in the following to correct unwanted openings:
- Inspect tracking: Our experts look at the orientation of garage door placement along tracking. If mounting locations are not parallel, we can realign accordingly.
- Analyze door seals/weatherstripping: Depending on the size of the gap between flooring and panels, Door Pros can replace weatherstripping on our Clopay doors.
Fortunately, Door Pros is able to install built-in garage door thresholds for sealing gaps in residential and commercial settings. The slope across your garage flooring or entry way may be enough to prevent doors from closing completely, but we focus on extensions for steel, glass, aluminum and wood materials. Door Pros installers attach custom-fit panels along the bottom of your garage door to mold to the angles of your slope.
Door Pros gives our customers the chance to place inline cut bottom panels along residential and commercial garage doors. Serving as the perfect solution to sloping driveways and platforms, our technicians measure the angles of your slope to configure pieces for the degree of your flooring. The days of cleaning out your garage after a storm is over thanks to our selection of Clopay doors.
All of our doors and operating equipment are rigorously tested to withstand extreme temperatures, weather and conditions to adapt to your residential or commercial environment. Clopay products are engineered to provide protection and a stylish appearance to locations with sloped flooring.
Door Pros understands the need for functional garage doors, and this is why we offer replacements molded to function as one solid piece. Sloped threshold doors allow our customers to select materials that match from the ground up, and installations are complete in just one day through the following process:
- Remove previous door panels and parts
- Install new and pre-measured panels
- Place new door tracks and rollers
- Attach compatible springs and cables
- Conduct open and close door tests
Contact Door Pros for Sloped Garage Doors in San Francisco
Door Pros is your one-stop shop for Clopay garage doors suitable for your residential and commercial needs. No matter if you require garage doors, overhead doors or roll-up doors, our technicians serve customers in San Francisco and surrounding areas including Marin County, East Bay, San Mateo, Sacramento and San Diego. For more information about sloped garage doors, fill out a contact form with Door Pros today.